Thursday, July 4, 2013

The Nesting...

So, I have been cleaning out closets, sorting through clothes and getting rid of junk. While I like to pretend this is me... I have never been on a roll like this.... My friends say I am nesting. Tonight, I finished with our closet and bathroom. It was awful- I have been moving baskets of lotions/makeup/hair stuff from one house to another for 10 years. Threw a whole bunch of stuff out. I am proud of myself. I am wondering is this a new part of my personality coming out??? Haha. 

Day 11. Not as easy as Day 1 but, it went pretty well. I am thankful! I also realized my husband has been so good at not eating in front of me. I went out and bought some of his favorite foods for next week while I am away. I finally made some crystal light and that was deli-sh. 

Tomorrow, we have an appointment for Maddie. Then I am going to get a pedicure with my free friend Sarah.. If I am going to be wearing hideous gowns - I should have pretty toes. 

I saw two articles in the USA Today. One was about Obamacare requires most insurers to tackle obesity. Americans have got to wake up. We need to start being more responsible for our bodies. I know lots of people are angry about Obamacare but, what it will do for specials needs kids (my family espeically) is life changing.  I know people don't want to hear about how the insurance we have doesn't believe in treating Autism. It comes from out our pockets or we have a secondary insurance called Tefra. Yes, our family is depending on medicaid for Maddie and Lauren.

I saw another article that was discussing how hard it is for Americans to keep weight off. It's a viscous circle!  It's not easy. I know- been on this journey of being overweight for 21 years. My life is about to change for the good. I hope I can share with others what I am learning. 

So thankful that I get to have this surgery. 

THREE DAYS LEFT!  And Happy Birthday, America!  




No comments:

Post a Comment