Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Challenges along the way..

I know without a doubt my biggest challenge is mental- Mind over Matter..  

I am realizing that it's so challenging to drink enough water- to feel hydrated- especially working out. It's so important but, first off there is no more gulping- just sipping water... 

Then I know I need to eat more but, a few bites and I am full. Something salty like cheap pizza- I would rather drink water.. And something really sweet- is just too much.. I am just a real piece of work at this point. 

And then I start thinking - what if this weight loss is not working.. I know how stupid is it to let negativity creep back-- I should wear a shirt saying I am proud of me-- I have lost 47 pound in 2 months  that is a major accomplishment yet, when I look in the mirror I don't see it. Yes, yes this is something for the therapist. Sometimes I need to be reminded this is my journey to be healthy. That's it.


I also really want to empower people to take back control of their health. Just one step one day.. I know stop laughing - it's a whole lot contradictory. 

And I get people being embarrassed about being overweight.. One of my friends says yesterday- I could never go to D-1- I mean I can barely run 4 miles. I wanted to say without using lots of expletives "Shut up- I have never ran 4 miles- wait I can't run at all! If you can run 4 freaking miles- you can go work out." Negativity hits everyone and sound absolutely ridiculous to the others who are hearing it. 

I have friends who encourage me everyday- one friend who I have not spoken to since my wedding - sent me a card. I have a huge team of folks (probably you) who keeping me going.. Thank you, Jesus. I am thankful- for you- for those of you who encourage me daily- and for Jesus.  


2 comments:

  1. You're so awesome. I see you every day while I'm picking up Ben, and I can see the difference...not only in how your body looks, but in your attitude. You may feel down on yourself every so often, but you're doing it! Keep it up. You ARE inspiring me and others to make ourselves healthier, whatever that journey may be!

    ReplyDelete