Sunday, November 10, 2013

4 months Post Surgery

The update for Month 4. 

Highest weight 353 +  (January 2013)
Current Weight 268.5  (November 2013)
TOTAL weight loss 85 pounds
Weight loss for month 4 was 10 pounds.

BMI points lost  (since highest weight)  13.3
(Almost halfway there!)

Total Inches Lost since 6/21/13 (Measuring fat is not easy!!)


      Surgery Day  (July 8, 2013)                 September 2013                      November 2013
  • Arms 6.62 inches (In the beginning my left was smaller by 2  inches now they are about a half inch apart (last month loss was an inch)
  • Bust  8.5 inches
  • Hips 9 inches 
  • Legs/Thighs 6 inches  (2 inches this month)

Where I feel the most difference?  my lower part of my body. People have been commenting on my legs- I thought people were being nice but, it looks like there was some weight loss. 


I am also struggling to eat again. I sound like a broken record. I feel full or my acid reflux is acting up. I plan to get it checked out soon.  It's a love/hate relationship. And, maybe it's hormonal??  I know my hormones are acting crazy. I have always had thick hair and I was warned that with weight loss surgery I could experience hair loss. I do not notice it as much with women who have the sleeve surgery but, I was told month 3 or 4 is when it starts. Most of my life I have always "shed" heair so I have been waiting.. I can tell you that my hair has started to grow at a rapid rate over the past few weeks. (2-3 times faster than usual!!) Then,  I saw an article in Bloomberg BusinessWeek titled Obesity Surgery Bolsters Women’s Sex Lives as Hormones Stabilize.. Click here to read it.  Now, we all remember when my nutritionist warned me about doubling up on birth control??  She had every right to warn me it.  It's all true but, no worries we are not rushing to the baby world just yet. 

Clothes.. I am wearing 20/22 in jeans-jeans are ridiculous to buy. The styles and cuts yeah, don't get me started. Size 20 in most shirts. The outfit above was purchased at Christie's Consignment Shop in Cabot. The pair of jeans and shirt are both size 18. The shirt makes me conscious of my batwings (aka arm fat). We also have an awesome Goodwill store.

Working out..   I think I blogged about working out only 1-2 times a week. I would love to make it happen 3-4 times a week but, I am thankful for when I can go. I think it's a very important part of puzzle to weight loss surgery that so many people skip out on.  At least working out is helping me out with the batwing issue.  Another thing people get excited about is crossing your legs again.. Yes, I have in photo. 

The biggest battle I continue to fight is the mental part of this battle. There are lots of days I feel like I feel like I am not losing weight. I sometimes still order food at restaurants like I am a normal eater. I, of course, can not eat it all! I also do not drink with my meals at all. Part of me realizing my success is by blogging and realizing I am actually doing okay.  Sometimes, I will see a photo and think "Oh dear Lord, I was so fat!". I thought this article did a great job of articulating  Psychological  Effects of Weight Loss Surgery. Click here to read it. 

My next goal is to lose 100 pounds! It is actually my goal for Christmas. 

So yeah, go me! Not doing too shabby. I would not be where I am at though without the support of friends, family, my workout people, co workers and support group. Thanks for your encouragement along the way in my journey! 


2 comments:

  1. You look FABULOUS!! I am sooooo happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo, sooooo, sooooooo proud of you Rho! You look Amazeballs gal! Sassy, Sexy, and oh so happy! Not shabby at all, and totally chic! xoxo

    ReplyDelete