Friday, July 5, 2013

Broccoli Cheese Soup (weight watchers or liquid diet)


June 21, 2013 "I don't mind soup from a can.."

June 27, 2013 "I'll tolerate can soup but, prefer the real deal.."

July 5, 2013 "I am so tired of soup but, it's worth it!"

Most of us prefer the real deal. Homemade and authentic.

Here is the recipe my husband came up with for our liquid version of Broccoli Cheese Soup.







Here is what you need:
44 ounces ounce chicken broth (3 cans of it will work too) <If you make the broth I posted you will use most it!>
2-3 bunches of broccoli or 2 pounds frozen
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes & green chilies (USE mild!!) Blending will make it very spicey!
10 ounces Velveeta 2% cheese product (I know my friends who are not from the south think this is awful but, this is good - promise)

Directions:

Mix chicken broth (Click here for our homemade broth),  broccoli and tomatoes and chilies together.

Simmer for 25 minutes or until veggies are tender.

Cube Velveeta and put into soup pot.

Simmer just until cheese is melted.

Blend (I don't have a stick blender yet) so, when you put it in the blender only be careful- I put too much and had a mess!

Beware the tomatoes and chilies can get spicy with the blender!This recipe freezes and refrigerated well.


Nutritional Info
  • Servings Per Recipe: 8
  • Amount Per Serving 1 cup
  • Calories: 132.5
  • Total Fat: 4.9 g
  • Cholesterol: 17.5 mg
  • Sodium: 1,384.7 mg
  • Total Carbs: 14.3 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 2.9 g
  • Protein: 10.9 g
Inspiration came from Chloe on Food.com 

2 comments: