Saturday, June 29, 2013

Feeling a bit soupy

And here we are the end of day 6. Tomorrow is the halfway point.
The last few days have definitely had their challenges. No hunger pains but, I can tell that I need to be drinking more shakes and working toward better intake. It's hard because you try to go
about life as normal except it's not.  It's like at times I feel like a stranger in this world. My clarity has been really off. So, today I found a few things that gave me joy from my old life with a new twist. 

  • At Sonic you can get a Route 44 water with lemon for .44 cents. I have really enjoyed lemon water this summer. 

  • I also am discovering if you order right then you are not stuck with nothing. I even learned about a few Starbucks drinks..  It does require checking the nutrition facts-but, I need to be checking it anyhow! So, should you!
  • Family time. I love seeing my girls happy and full of smiles.. 
I got out of the house and spent time with a fellow surgery friend. Weight Loss Surgery Winners are full of knowledge. Each person's journey is different. Every experience is different. Every doctor has their own method.. Therapists say “strong relationships grow under stress, weak relationships grow apart or fail". 

Cream of Tomato Soup

I am thankful for my dear husband, family, friends, staff and peers who love me for being fat. I don't feel much judgement. Actually, I always say I lived the happiest fat life. Lots of my friends can't say that. My surgery is not about what's on the inside- Inside I am happy but, my body needs to last a while and I want to continue to do great things- and so I need to lose weight so I feel better. My body is tired of carrying around this extra weight. 

This weekend John is cooking up different soups. He started with a Chicken Stock by scratch. He made it overnight in the crockpot. It was heavenly. Then with the stock he made cream of tomato soup. Now he is working on French Onion Soup. Tomorrow we are going to finish the evening with Broccoli cheese soup. Mostly low calorie, low carb and low fat and best of all freezable.

We are crossing our fingers that Lauren gets to go to Camp Aldersgate again the week of my surgery. It's a long shot but, we are hoping it all works out. We won't know till the last minute- So, say a prayer that would really help us. 

till tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment