Wednesday, June 26, 2013

And day 3 is in the books!

Finally. There is much peace about it all. There has been peace but, occasionally folks will tell you about someone they knew who almost died from weight loss surgery or they have heard really bad things about this or that. It's like when you prepare to have a baby and your friends tell you the horror stories... 

Today was my final appointments before surgery. I say appointments because there were 3! (That's not true- I go to therapy next week.) First appointment was nutrition. I love Anne - my nutritionist. We went reviewed the information again (You know I did this in Feb) and I felt excited.  We also discussed vitamins..  Then she told me when as I was leaving that she wanted to make sure I was using birth control and to double up as I might become very very fertile.  I assured her I had an IUD and such. She says just be careful. Can't say I wasn't warned!

Anyways, babies can wait...

-I found out I can have any Healthy Request Soup. Whoa. Broccoli and cheese please
-I need to be drinking 8 ounce of 100% juice everyday. Even better!
-Days 1 and 2 (post surgery) will be your sugar free liquids.. (I will be in the hospital then)
-Days 3-7 I get everything I get now (soups, oatmeal, pudding)
-weeks 2-5 I get tuna, chicken, peanut butter, scrambled eggs, cherrios, low fat cheese, soft fruit, pasta, rice, green beans, crackers!
-Week 6 (when school starts) I get lean meats and fish. 

of course there is major limits and such but, I feel like it's very doable. 

Then it was time to do blood work and respiratory test.. Then I met up with John and we went to see Dr. Fuller.

Dr. Fuller is no nonsense and full of facts! I had a whole page of questions and he answer them all. Several people had brought up concerns- We went through them all. Also, we talked through the exercise component. He was excited I was walking now and he says this part is why you will continued to have success. He says I will be expected to walk everyday and get some exercise including the day of surgery!!

Aetna required me to use to use Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. I now understand why.. When discussing risks and complications we learned it's rare. He says typically there are more problems than just weight loss surgery when complications happen. My eating choices at home are important too. So.. bottom line.. Being fat is more of a risk than this surgery. 

----------------------
TOday, I experienced hunger. I was behind all day. I did make my own coffee shake using the gladiator protein. It was yummy. I had caffeinated soda- that was not worth how I felt. And I cheated by eating a pickle. Back to the shake:

1 scoop of vanilla (or chocolate) protein powder
4 ounces of skim milk
6 ice cubs
4 ounces of coffee
2 splenda packets

Plus we exercised last night and walked all over BH and Sams. 

so all in all a good day. God's Thanks for support. xoxo







2 comments:

  1. coffee shake sounds good! Glad it is all coming together! Your nutritionist sounds awesome! I'm so glad you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought some chocolate shakes today! Today I have had more nausea than usual. But, if I get hungry I can walk outside and get hot then I am suddenly not hungry. lol

      Delete