Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pre op Day 2.. We did it!

I am sipping on my shake.. Realizing that I probably should blog early today because I am too tired at night!I had a 2 hour nap today.  

Today was more challenging. Not sure why.. Harder to drink and easy to fill up..  It's so weird how your body reacts to all this. I am sure I was tired from the lack of food.. They warn you about this. Maybe walking will help tonight! 

I am peeing a lot. I had to stop between home and Conway today. They had a subway in the gas station.. ahh the bread smelled so good. :) 

I went to smoothie king to talk with them about a protein powder they sell called Gladiator. They made me 2 shakes to try.. One was coffee. Um yeah, I will be making that every morning! Gladiator is low carb and high protein . (this is challenging to find!) It has 22 grams per scoop (and you can make a shake with 2 scoops). But, your body can only handle 20 grams of protein an hour they say. (I need to find the research on this) So, I bought the vanilla kind in hopes to use flavoring agents to make my own.. I will post recipes.. 

Emotionally I feel very vulnerable. I am not a sort of person who feels this way often. Anyways, the support from friends means a lot. I hope you guys all now that. Even typing Dora's "We did it" makes me miss Lauren and be sad for a short minute. Lauren is having more fun than anyone. :) 

My friend Sarah shared with me about "Jesus Calling". Today's verse is so important for me today. I hope it helps you too.. 
"I am continually at work in your life, even when you can see nothing happening. It’s easy for you to feel stuck in a situation you’d like to change because you can see only the present moment. But I look at the big picture—all the moments of your life—and I am doing more than you can imagine." -Jesus Today by Sarah Young,

Water 32 ounces (see not good)
Oatmeal for breakfast
1/2 cup of decaf tea
1/2 cup of coffee
1 EAS shake 
2 kid size shakes at Smoothie King
1/2 cup of chicken broth 

So, I have some work to do. 

Tomorrow I start pre op testing at the hospital. I start at 8 am meeting with nutrition. Then I have "tests". Then I meet with my Dr. All before noon!!!  

Lessons Learned:
Pack your lunch bag of sweet and non sweet items. 
Carbmaster Yogurts come in Carrot Cake, key lime pie, banana cream pie, Black forest cake

We are also traveling to Mena for my dad's Retirement Reception. 

Seriously your prayers and good thoughts mean a lot.  

Thanks for reading. 

2 comments:

  1. Continuing to send you prayers! I hope that all goes well this morning and that you have a blast at the reception...I'm sure they will have yummy smelling stuff there. sigh. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found out Tyson is grill chicken. It will be ok! thanks for your support chick!

    ReplyDelete