Friday, August 30, 2013

Physical Therapy at D-1

I am suffering today.. My arms are very sore from PT yesterday..  

Little Rock D-1 offers Physical Therapy through St. Vincent's.. My insurance covers it!! I am working on my balance (it's really off since surgery and weight loss) and learning about exercises that will help make my knees and back problems stronger.  I spent one hour doing a variety of things.. 

Including riding a bike, doing leg lifts, balancing on 1 foot while 

holding a pipe filled with water, working my obliques with the weight machine, using "shackles" on my feet while doing lunges, a big rubber band that I held with my feet and lifted over my head (that killed my arms!!).. We also did some exercises on the yoga ball.
          

I never thought of Physical Therapy as a work out. Not to worry-- I now give Josh (D1 PT) complete respect. It's no walk in the park or "day off from working out"..

No comments:

Post a Comment