Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Place to Belong

I made a decision on my way to workout today- If I don't finish- I will stay for the whole workout. D-1 is a supportive team environment-and I am a part of this team.  

So, I walked back into D-1 today and felt at home.  I am just going to say what I shouldn't say- Yes, yes I am a 290  something pound obese working mother who drives 40 minutes to work out with a group of people in the middle of the day! Yes, the workouts have to mostly be modified for me. But, that's okay. I
showed up and gave it my all. That's what counts, right?  Today, I kept seeing the words perseverance, dedication, integrity, focus and finally pain is weakness leaving the body..  Todays warms up were like last time (Click here to read about my first time at D-1).. But the majority of the workout was very different.. It involved a weight bar lifting, disc weights, sprints and some fancy footwork. I am dead serious when I say" I had to modify it all. I actually made it 45 minutes (maybe 50 minutes) without my body screaming stoooop. You know what's really cool is that your teammates want you to succeed- everyone is very encouraging! It also feels really fun. There are all sorts of athletic levels at my workout.. 

So, if I can do (modified and all)  this YOU can too..  Stop making excuses and start taking care of yourself!!!  The decision to be healthy- is never easy. Working out is part of the decision. It's not easy.. Nothing about being overweight is easy. I believe in you! 

We all have excuses of why we don't work out. But, my friend Andrew says I am going to get the workout bug or fitness training bug and then I will be unstoppable... I can't wait. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh the bug! Have fun catching it!! You'll be there in no time. Keep working hard. Your blog is very motivational. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete