Thursday, June 20, 2013

This time in between..

So, this week has been busy! I am working as much as I can this week so I can "tie up" loose ends while Lauren is at Camp Aldersgate next week. I love the support I am receiving! Friends, family, professional friends, my fellow "surgery" friends- I feel so blessed. Comments and private messages mean so much. 

To everyone taking time to read this blog THANK YOU!

My dear husband, John, started weight watchers this week. He is also blogging as he goes on this journey with me.  It's easy to feel inspired around him. By the way, he is down three pounds this week. 

My baby brother, Kyle, decided he was not going to be left behind when I confided in him this winter about my surgery. He has lost 56 pounds since January. He also started P90 x and he jogs a lot. What a real rockstar! 

Lauren and Mama Rho at Daddy's Band Concert
I am also spending my time figuring our the pre opt process. My friend Kate- encouraged me to take time to trust in God and lean on him during this time. So, she bought me a book to read and to encourage me along the way. Again my friends inspiring me during this journey of me becoming healthy!

The title of this blog is the special family.. My family is just that.. Lauren, our nine year old, has autism. She is a bright, happy and smart little girl. We met with her Developmental Pediatrician this week- who was blown away by Lauren's progress in the past 2 years. Some big achievements for her include totally potty trained, ability to ride in the car without a harness (and uses seat belt), follow through directions on cue, ability to communicate, express happy emotion, social skills and ability to connect with others and we could go on.. At Dennis Developmental her doctor says the improvement is astonishing. We have come along way. Oh and according to test she went from 18 months to preschool level.  

Maddie is ten! She lives at Arkansas Pediatric Facility in North Little Rock with a group of people who is like extended family.. Maddie has Sotos Plus along with a series of another crazy problems. Maddie has had a very rough year. Not sure exactly why - but, we are thankful for improvement. Again we have a great medical team who we work alongside every day. We nearly lost Maddie in February.. Thankful for every extra day God gives us with Maddie..

So, on the surgery side of life- I learn all this info this week. If all goes well- I will spend 2 nights in the hospital. After I am off pain meds- I can start driving.. I should be able to take daily walks every evening.. 

Together team- we will do this!!! xoxo



3 comments:

  1. Rhonda, I ran into an sweet friend of mine from growing up. I almost didn't recognize her and had to comment on all the weight she had lost. She had the same surgery as you a year ago. She said she would love to talk to you to help answer any questions and encourage you along the way. Her name is Sandy McBee and I am going to friend her on facebook and share your blog on her timeline. I hope you two become instant friends as she has always held a special place in my heart. She is precious as you are. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a special family! I love being part of it! I am so proud of you and John. Y'all are inspiring! Thanks for sharing your story! Lauren and Maddie are just precious and I know how proud y'all are of Lauren's accomplishments and grateful that Maddie made it through the dark times! I hope that as your family goes forward that you continue to get stronger together. Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and let me know what you think of the book!

    ReplyDelete