Sunday, July 21, 2013

Overeating/Undereating

So... since drinking shakes has become challenging I am working on getting as much protein as possible from foods. My body went into starvation mode as some calls it. I was not consuming enough calories and my body was storing everything. So, I started eating at 3--5 small meals. One day that meant two tablespoons of green beans and 2 tablespoons of tuna.  1/4 cup of turkey meatloaf.  Another meal 1/4 cup of refried beans with a few chips. those few chips did me in. Tonight it was 1/2 of a petite hamburger patty with 2 fries. UGGH..  tonight was killer. When I eat too fast or add that one more bite I hurt. I have to physically lay down and let the food digest and move. I am also incorporating peanut butter into my diet. Oh the lessons we learn.

I will be honest... I prefer soups. I can pace myself. They don't hurt. I don't overeat. I have also finally ordered unflavored protein -- So, small steps and a supportive hubby.

My weigh ins will be on Tuesday and Saturday. No more worrying about it. My belly is still swollen from surgery they say and it will take several more weeks to get it back to normal. Plus certain buttons hurt my incision when I sit. That means wearing jeans or fitting pants is out of the question. So, excuse my dresses or my stretch pants.. 

I am ready. Ready to feel mentally and physically better. 

Lots of learning. Thanks for reading and your support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment