Friday, July 19, 2013

Intolerance to foods

They say with weight loss surgery lots of people become intolerant to certain foods. I prayed mine would be bread. It still might be because I have not had any bread!!!  But, we know one of my intolerances.. Sunday I thought if I don't figure this out I will end up severely dehydrated. The bathroom and I were spending a lot of time together. 

Oh yes, 2 ounces of it and time it.. oh 90 seconds...  I am in severe pain and in the bathroom. I call it my Al Rooker fear... Basically, I get really weak, nauseated, cramping and I have to go sit on the potty pronto. So, called the doctor and we limited it to 3 things.. Whey, dairy or sugar alcohol.. And with trial and error we found it.. We believe it's the sugar alcohol aspartame. It's found in most sugar free items, protein shakes and lots of diet food. You can't be serious???  So, now I am eating soft foods only. I have to make my own shakes right now. I have been on a break from them but, should restart today.   

The scale hasn't "moved" very much. My WLS friends says to stop weighing myself. My friend A only weights on Fridays and my friend Bre only weights at the doctor. I weight 3 times a day.  Need to move it out of my sight.

After much research- I think I see the problem. I am not eating enough. I need to eat probably 1,000 calories a day. I have to be more deliberate and eat even when I am not hungry  I also need to drink more water!! Calculate how much your water intake here.

Daily walking and Water Aerobics begin next week. 

Happy Friday Friends!




2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you figured out the problem and I know you are doing your best to do the things you need to do for yourself! So long as you are trying it will all get worked out! I agree with your other friends...a woman's weight can fluctuate as much as 5 lbs in a day due to hormones and water retention. Think how exciting it will be if you do it once a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your doing great!! I had mine on the 8th and i'm hoping to start walking next week...just feeling like crap lately...i think i might have a lactose intolerace...going to try almond milk before i think its the sugar free additives ;) I hope that isn't it either...but drinking my shake this AM made me SOOO nauseated and yes, running to the BR too...multiple times a day :( And i'm suppost to start back to work monday! I so want to get into a pool but have too many scabs still (most are from the blisters from the steristrips/bandaids!)...I'm down 13 lbs from PO on the 8th...total 33lbs! Just wish i felt GOOD while doing it all ;) I'm only getting about 450 cal/day right now...i get 2 shakes in and maybe a 4oz of something else and thats about it with a total of 5 cups of fluid all together....hope you get to feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete