Monday, June 10, 2013

Decision Day Drama

Mondays are my day to go escape to my office and get work done. I get a call at lunch from my PCP saying my weight loss surgery doctor was requesting records from 2011- I wasn't seeing her in 2011. So, I sit down and send my doctor's nurse an email stating what doctor's I had seen in the past 10 years. Ended the email with Let me know if you need anything.  On my way home- I call her- leave a message. (Yes, I am crazy).

At 4:31 she emails that insurance is needing my weight from a medical professional in 2011. Oh and they need it by 5pm to re-review. Panic sits in. Have you ever called a dr's office after 4pm? Well, in 2011 I saw my gyn and I went to a walk in clinic. So, I start working phone and email. Hoping to get release papers to these folks in time so they will fax documentation. I was totally worn out by 5pm. I email my Dr's nurse "Ok. Just frustrating. Had I known I could have helped you with this. I just spoke to Kathryn and she is sending records from Feb and Dec 2011.  The Sherwood walk in office will only take release of information if its on their paperwork. So, getting to Sherwood (from Cabot) and to you by 5 would be impossible. You should have it in a few minutes. I am happy to help anytime if I know you need something."  <meanwhile, I was near Sherwood (25 minutes from my house- 9 minutes from my office) all day!!!>


She emails me back at 5:14 "The insurance company just called me back…. APPROVED!!"



Finally. 10 months. We have made it through decision day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment