Monday, October 8, 2012

Weight loss seminar day

I am so thankful my husband is so supportive and loves me. We went to Dr. Fuller’s weight loss seminar- it’s the first step to weight loss surgery.  Have to say- it makes me feel better about myself after going there. I am not the only morbid obese person in Little Rock.  After some reflection from the previous blog.. I realized that all the work the insurance is making me do – is to make sure I am actually mentally prepared for this journey.  I learned a lot about the different types of surgeries. I will be honest I thought the lap band was right for me. But, after the consultation I realized I probably wouldn't be as successful with the band. According to research women who have more than 80 pounds to lose need to not do the band.  If I lost half of my body weight I would be what medical doctors consider healthy. 

 I think the gastric sleeve would be my best option. You can read more about gastric sleeve here. The final decision will be made with Dr. Fuller closer to surgery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment